Friday, September 4, 2009

How much is that doggie in the window?

Priceless, just priceless. And it cracks me up everytime it happens. Ah, jees. Allow me to explain:

When my husband leaves for work, I will see him off (sometimes, not very often, I'm no Mrs. Cleaver) and wave to him from the door. Sometimes I'll wave to him from the 2nd floor bedroom window, instead. Gonzo's right there, looking up at me, as if to say,"He's coming right back, right? Can you still see him? Is he out there?" I tell our boy, "Sorry, Gonzo, he got away again. We'll have to try harder to keep him here next time." If I leave the door to the enclosed porch open, our boy will lay out there for awhile, then dejectedly resign to his bed behind the computer chair with a deep sigh.


Gonzo gets beyond excited when my husband gets home. I can wind our boy up by just saying my husband's name close to homecoming (yes, it's as big as a high school homecoming every night to Gonzo, complete with duck-toy parade. Gotta love him.)

I was upstairs one day close to homecoming, and I got an idea. I decided to show Gonzo that if he stood on his hind legs he could see out the bedroom window to the street below. We waited in the bedroom until my husband pulled up, and I called Gonzo to the window. That's when the fun began. Our boy spotted my husband getting out of the car, and freaked out! Success!


So now, when we both go out, our boy will bark at us out the window (hey, come back here!) and when we get home, he will bark, yelp, and make that high-pitched squealing noise I just love so much. The neighbors can hear it, and our neighbor down the street (she owns a shiz-tu named Archie) said he barked at us for a 1/2 hour after we left one day. That part is kind of sad, but when we get home and I can see that tiny little head above the sill, well, I laugh every time. One day I came home, and I could hear Gonzo's barking but he wasn't in the window. We had one of those expanding window fans in his way, so our dog was standing on the bed, looking through the fan, barking at me. Oh, funny, funny boy.


Good boy, Gonzo. We'll try not to stay out so long next time.


More to come, so come back if you're interested.

1 comment:

  1. That's so adorable! We have permanently messed up blinds from where Luke shoves his whole snout through to see what's going on outside. He's our one dog neighborhood watch.

    ReplyDelete