Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Gonzo's Home!

Our boy is home, but far from out of the woods. He has IMHA, an auto-immune disease, and it was discovered that he has diabetes as well. The bill was beyond belief, but as I have said a number of times since we agreed to treatment (was there even an option?) that if someone said,"Would you pay (insert amount of vet bill here*) to spend two more weeks with Gonzo?" I would have said yes.

Good boy, Gonzo. You've charmed the nurses, vet techs, and internists as well as your doctor, now you just rest and get better.

*I can't bring myself to type the amount in; I think I'm still in shock!


More to come, and I am so glad.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear Gonzo's home! I can't imagine the stress and worry you must be dealing with. My thoughts are still with you and I'm still hoping/wishing/praying for a strong recovery for Gonzo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad to hear that he is back. I still praying for him and for you as well and say hi to gonzo from me. Please LOL take care and don't worry, he will be fine and you will be too.

    ReplyDelete